Lonely Planet Ireland is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Slurp oysters and clap your hands to spirited fiddle music in a lively Galway pub, explore medieval castles in Dublin and beyond, or set off amid vibrant green hills toward Atlantic coastal trails; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Ireland and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Ireland Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – including
- customs, history, art, literature, music, landscapes, sports, food and drink
- Free, convenient pull-out Dublin map (included in print version), plus over 86 colour maps
- Covers Dublin, Waterford, Kilkenny, Cork, Kerry, Kildare, Limerick, Clare, Galway, Sligo, Donegal, The Midlands, Louth, Belfast, Armagh, Derry, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Ireland , our most comprehensive guide to Ireland, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less traveled.
Lonely Planet are my go to guidebooks to a planning my trips, especially when I am going to travel internationally. I am planning a trip with my adult daughter and there are so many things we want to see and do and I am finding this guide extremely helpful. It is full of useful information and tips for when we are actually there. There are fantastic illustrations, suggested walking tours in each major city in order to get the most out of your time, and itineraries that give you a great starting point for building your own trip. I highly recommend this and other Lonely Planet guides!
~Reviewed by Allie B.