- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience – including history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, cuisine, wine and customs and etiquette.
- Over 42 colour maps
- Useful features – Walking & Driving Tours, Eat & Drink Like a Local, and First Time
- Coverage of Lake Como, Lake Maggiore, Lake Garda, Lake Lugano, Lake d’Iseo, Lake Orta, Milan, Bergamo, Brescia, Verona, Cremona, Mantua, Bellagio and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet The Italian Lakes, our most comprehensive guide to the Italian Lakes, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for a guide focused on Milan? Check out Lonely Planet’s Pocket Milan & the Lakes, a handy-sized guide focused on the can’t-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet’s Italy guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer.
- Looking for just the highlights of Italy? Check out Lonely Planet’s Discover Italy, a photo-rich guide to the country’s most popular attractions.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world’s leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet’s mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
This is an essential travel guide to one of Italy’s most beautiful regions, full of stunning travel photography. It features insider tips, itineraries, as well as its awe-inspiring art and architecture, diverse wildlife and exquisite cuisine. It has a detailed sections with advice on where to go and what to do, from the resorts of Lake Garda to fabulous Verona, the city of Romeo and Juliet, and fashion capital Milan. This book gives you all the travel advice you need to plan your trip.
~Reviewed by David H.